Frequently Asked Questions
We have received many questions over the last few weeks regarding this new service. We have posted answers below to keep passengers informed on its progress.
- The new bus company has not officially formed yet. With only two months to put this together since the Mayor's decision to end the FREX on June 20, 2012, we are doing our best to get this service running as soon as we can.
- The City has not extended the FREX for six more weeks. FREX is set to end on Friday, August 31, 2012. We presented to City Council on Tuesday, August 14 to petition them to extend the service until Friday, October 12. UPDATE (8/23/12): Our petition to the Mayor and City Council to extend the current service for six additional weeks was denied.
- Although we are confident in our methodology and business model, we cannot guarantee at this time that we will be able to provide this service. Again, with only two months to overhaul an intercity bus system, we are working as quickly as we can to begin operations.
- Fare increases are in line with surveys. Understandably, we must increase fares in order to provide this service privately. A vast majority of FREX riders who took our survey agree, and have indicated that they are willing to pay between $1 - $2.50 more per one-way ticket. We will honor these preferences in our new pricing. Specifics will be released shortly, but for now, riders can rest assured that fare increases will be minimal. We are open to comments and suggestions in our contact form.
- Given the necessity to reduce daily trips, we will only run two or three buses in the morning and two or three in the afternoon, depending on demand. On weekday mornings, buses will depart Colorado Springs between 5:00 - 7:00 a.m., arrive in Denver between 7:00 - 9:00 a.m., and return to the Springs between 9:00 - 11:00 a.m. In the afternoons, buses will depart Colorado Springs between 1:00 - 3:00 p.m., arrive in Denver between 3:00 - 5:00 p.m., and return to the Springs between 5:00 - 7:00 p.m. More details are forthcoming.